Sunday, August 30, 2009

goodbye, Summer.



I have to say, this summer slowly climbed up the scale& pretty much beat all the rest. It had it's ups& it's downs, but the ups were sky-high.

Letting go of Lei. Taking hold of Ary. Overlooking Long Beach, first time at a high-class restaurant. Going through so many changes@ my first Restaurant job. Holding three jobs at one time, &Finally finding/going back to one that wasn't part of the three to begin w/. Seeing Brother graduate. Having Mom& Dad at the same place, at the same time; so close, yet so far. Meeting Melanie. [: &The dinner w/ her aunt, where I realized how much I could not go a day longer w/o dancing again. Bonding closer w/ V.ENT@ the picnic/bbq. Father's Day w/ Dad's twist on crabs. Morning classes w/ Francis [: .. then dropping it. WARPED TOUR! ..First concert in awhile since No Doubt; getting to see Meg&Dia LIVE. Sharing a passion of my mom's. New baby on the Gutlay side. Lola Naty's golden anniversary; seeing Jonas& Tonton after ages! Finding the strength to let go. &Finding something real♥.

You make me want things, I didn't think I wanted anymore.

Perfect timing, almost. Fourth of July♥ watching the rest of the world light the sky. AteKit&Minji days. Bootleg physicals. Celebrating Kuya Jnil's 20th 19th birthday(: ;last time w/ the Guys. MJCK& QT + Elaine@ the Beach. Tagging party. Mom's birthday along the coasts. SEKS Night in LA. Philippine Weekend@ Delano; driving in pitch-black in Texas Chainsaw Massacre areas; winning First Place& sharing the stage w/ Quest & Philippine All-Stars. Filipino concert, watching an amazing dancer. Teaching w/ Mel. Church camp@ Rancho Ybarra. Being able to go to Farmers' Market nights; strawberry pineapple lemonade♥ &Funnel cakes we can't finish. BKD@ Citywalk, watching a horrible movie(; . invisible string-lines, & discounted chocolate-covered strawberries. Jooji's birthday@ Chili's. Visiting Coach after a LONG time. Meeting a lot of his fambam. Luau@ Nigel's, party foullll. Hitting one month. Beach w/ PFAC for Micah's birthday. Finding God again. Brownies& Vanilla Ice Cream♥. Rekindling friendships w/ people I grew young with. Gaining back all the friends I lost temporarily because of a boy. Starting up T3♥ again. MJCK@ Getty Center. Taking him♥ to My Spot. Drama w/ family. Drama w/ exes. Him♥ breaking my "steel-thick" walls down, to show me how to love again. Summer night phone calls. Watching the meteor shower; getting lost in the dark, to find our way back to the valley, right when the sun hit the horizon. Insecurities& trust. Almost* deep-cleaning my room. Dinners w/ his♥ family. Taking care of her, drunk. Helping Sharon sneak out for her first time. Ghost-hunting & park-playing. TwinDay. Falling in love.

Every goodnight kiss, every "Hi! I'm Kit!" handshake, every five-minute interval of pure laughter, every view that took my breath away, every new place conquered, every joy, every night that did not end 'till morning, every embrace of the nature around us, every smile, every touch, every enlightening moment, every morning of waking up to someone holding me, every race of my heartbeat, every second of this life lived. ..Every DAY of this summer was exactly how it should have been. I would not change a single moment, a single tear, a single state of confusion. ..for anything.

I didn't go to New York. & I didn't keep, and pass my CalcII class. I didn't have any week-long sleepovers. I didn't do anything too outrageous like hot-air ballooning, or sky-diving (though, I will sometime!). I didn't need to do anything extravagant. The things that make me happy were just around the corner, & overlap straight into my very heart.

This summer was the most adventurous yet.

Let's go, Fall. Bring it. [:

1 comment:

  1. Kit it's official, become a journalist and write a book. I'll be your number1 fan <3
    ;]

    ReplyDelete