Monday, July 6, 2009

God, God, & more God.

I think it's pretty sad that a lot of the time, we only go to God when we're in desperate need of someone to be there. & The beauty of it is: He's always there for us, patient, &always waiting.

I feel really bad that I've been neglecting Him because of work& everything else that's interferring in life, but I swear, I always feel uber refreshed when I step outside of mass.

Three things that got me pretty damn deep:

You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart. The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil. But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

: Matthew 12:34

Someone once told me as an excuse, that "words are words until an action takes place". Today I really did learn that we say things that we regret later on, & then we make excuses for why we said things, like "I was talking out of my ass," or "It was my anger talking," or, my favorite -- "I just wasn't thinking." But you know what, all those excuses are not things that make the things we say justifiable. They're only exactly what they are--EXCUSES. I realized that everything we say does come from our heart, "that place eighteen inches from our mind". & What we say makes who we are. Period.

So watch what you say. A person might forget the things you said over time, but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

Bad company corrupts good character.

: Phil, the Preacher

Why did I stick around for too long even when I knew how bad it was? I honestly don't know. Because now I have to pay for it, trying to rebuild myself, my self-esteem, my faith, everything. & Only now am I seeing everything. But I'm so glad that I did.

We're holy when we don't want to love a person anymore, but find that we still do. Or when we can't find it in our hearts to forgive a person anymore, but we do anyways.

: Phil, the Preacher

& That alone is self-explanatory. Story of my life.

- - - - -
This weekend, I've got to say, was by-far one of the best I've had in a long while.
+ Movies w/ just the sibs.
+ Rooftop watching fireworks with amazing people.
+ Being taken to church again.
+ Lambchops, make-shift brownies, & vanilla ice-cream.
= (:

I'm starting to heal. It'll take awhile, but it's a start.

I'll be okay. <3

4 comments:

  1. You're off on an amazing start kit.
    Keep your head up<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in you Kit, you're gonna be just fine if not better as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is random but hello(: I got your link off your FB account. Your blog was an uplift, thanks. Keep your head up and out to follow the Light.

    <3

    ReplyDelete